Behind the Scenes
For The Press
Pollack Around the World
Designer Off Duty
Meet Our Designers!
Art in the Office
Color of the Month
On the Road with Brad
New + Classics
Our Pollack + A Rum Fellow Launch Party!
Spring 2017: On the Fringe
Splatterwear Wins Wallpaper* Award
ART + FARE: Fall Market In Review
New York Textile Month At The Pollack Studio
A Peaceful Revamp
The Making of Wonderland
A Breath of Chantilly
National Coloring Day with #PollackPlay
Marcy Russ in Sojourn
Fall 2016: Wonderland
Hearst's Panel on Business Women
Pencil to Gouache
February's Interior Design
Back To India
February: Red White & Blue
Spring 2016: Weave On
A New Year with Pantone
Monday October 04, 2010
POSTED BY: Rachel Doriss, Associate Design Director
Thought you might be interested to see how we created our fabric Wow.
1. This is the metallic faux leather yarn that we found at a mill that we work with in Italy.
2. Rather than ask the mill to set up a loom to weave samples for us, we decided to do some in-house hand weaving. This was much faster and much cheaper! This is Lauren using her very advanced weaving skills.
3. We created a loom on a cardboard box (FedEx box pulled out of the trash) by wrapping the warp yarns around the box. Then we wove with the faux leather metallic yarn in the weft direction.
4. Here is a close up of the front and back of the FedEx box. We sent the handwoven samples to the mill to illustrate the construction and colors that we wanted.
5. Here is the final product, our fabric Wow!!
April 12, 2011
|WOW (literally).... LV is amazing!|
|Make a Comment
POLLACK reserves the right to restrict comments that do not contribute constructively to the conversation at hand, contain profanity, personal attacks or seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.
Sign In above to post comment